The American Bible Society
WE SEE A PROBLEM
A BILLION people around the world don’t have access to God’s Word.
89 MILLION people in the United States don’t read their Bible.
6,000 languages have yet to receive a full Bible translation.
1 IN 7 people have experienced trauma that prevents them from encountering God in the Bible.
STATISTICS LIKE THESE HELP US UNDER- STAND THE PROBLEM THE WORLD IS FACING.
The American Bible Society was founded in 1816, knowing with strong conviction that the Bible is God’s solution for the problems facing mankind.
- When things look blue, read Isaiah 40 or Psalms 34.
- When tempted to do wrong, read Psalm 139.
- If you are facing a crisis, read Psalm 46.
- When you are discouraged, think over Psalm 23.
- If you are bored, read Psalms 103,104 or Job 38-40.
- When business is poor, read Psalm 37.
- When you are lonely or fearful, read Psalm 27.
- When you are anxious for loved ones, read Psalm 107.
- When you plan your budget, read Luke’s gospel ch.19.
- To live successfully with your fellow- man, read Romans 12.
- If you are sick or in pain, read Psalm 91.
- When you leave home for work or travel, carry Psalm 121 with you.
- When you are weary, read Matthew 11:28, Romans 8:31-39.
- When everything seems to be going wrong or from bad to worse, read 2 Timothy 3.
- When you are bereaved, there is a message for you in 1 Corinthians 15.
MY BIBLE AND I
“We’ve traveled together, my Bible and I,
Through all kinds of weather, with smile or with a sigh!
In sorrow or in sunshine, in tempest or calm!
The friendship unchanging, my lamp and my psalm.
We’ve traveled together, my Bible and I,
When life has grown weary, and death is nigh!
But all through the darkness of mist or of wrong,
I found a solace, a prayer and a song.
So now who shall part us, my Bible and I?
Shall “isms” or schisms, or “new light” who try?
Shall shadow for substance, or stone for good bread,
Supplant thy sound wisdom, give folly instead?
Ah, no, my dear Bible, exponent of light!
Thou sword of the Spirit, put error to ight!
And still through life’s journey, until my last sigh,
We’ll travel together, my Bible and I.”
Have a great week!
Pastors Cleddie and GayNell